The project Venha Fazer a Beleza Conosco (Come make beauty with us) promotes the inclusion of people with intellectual disabilities in the workplace
- Demand identification;
- Job Mapping;
- Prospecting candidates;
- Awareness of leaders and teams;
- Hiring; and
Grupo Boticário is company already known to be inclusive: with approximately 200 people with disabilities in the workforce according to the 2016 Sustainability Report, the efforts of the Human and Organizational Development area in the “Papo de Gente (Folks chat)” And “Inclusão na Real (Real Inclusion)” programs implementation are great examples of the valuation given by the company to the differences and the respect for people.
With the extensive experience of including people with physical and sensory disabilities, the company envisioned the challenge of also including people with intellectual disabilities. Aware of the complexity of this process and aiming to execute it in an assertive manner, Grupo Boticário has the support of ASID Brasil in conducting its inclusion program.
Venha Fazer a Beleza Conosco (Come and Make Beauty) Project purposes
Assist Grupo Boticário in the process of including people with intellectual disabilities in order to ensure their development and growth within the company, with recognition of their talents and potential.
To achieve the project’s purpose, what we call contracting cycles was structured:
- The cycle begins with the identification of demands, where the Human Resources (HR) team continuously maps opportunities for the inclusion of people with intellectual disabilities;
- In view of the demands, we started with the vacancy mapping phase, which consists of analyzing the jobs and identifying the profile of the candidates to be sought;
- In view of the mapped opportunities, people with disabilities are identified, attended by institutions of the ASID Network of Institutions, who present the profile sought;
- Following, experiences and activities are carried out that can bring managers closer to people with disabilities (PwD) in order to get them aware, in addition to providing new experiences for PwD;
- After the experience, HR and managers select the candidates that stood out and the hiring process begins, which we advise together with PwD, institution and family; and
- With the hiring carried out, we started with direct team guidance and post-inclusion follow-up - aiming at building an internal support network, guaranteeing the sustainability of the hiring.
The results achieved in the articulations carried out in the contracting cycles so far were:
- 4 people with intellectual disabilities included, for 2 of them is their first job;
- 12 managers and leaders aware and trained to include people with intellectual disabilities; and
- 11 jobs mapped, with analysis of opportunities for inclusion.
History of the first job
Very charismatic, J. comes from a simple and very protective family. After being selected to assist in the administrative part of the Logistics Operations area, a lot of resistance was found from him and his family members to join the company.
Among the challenges were: J. lack of knowledge regarding formal work, the family’s fear of giving up the Continuing Benefit Conveyance (CBC), the family’s disbelief regarding his ability to work because he is illiterate and, still, the fear of letting him move alone around the city - the family had never allowed him to go out alone, not even to go to the shops near his home!
After several conversations, J. and the family decided to continue with the hiring and today, 3 months later, their contentment is perceived when gaining their autonomy, facing challenges with the support of the team and their family - who today came to believe much more in your ability!
It is noticeable how J. is more mature! He has been able to express himself more easily, his speech is less childish and he has been playing less games!F., DIRECTOR OF THE INSTITUTION WHERE J. PERFORMS ARTISTIC ACTIVITIES.
Want to know more projects?