Project #ICTforeverybody promotes employability of people with intellectual disabilities
The #ICTforeverybody project, carried out by Fundação Telefônica Vivo (Telefônica Vivo Foundation) and executed by ASID, aimed to develop and insert people with disabilities (PwD) into the labor market through content of digital culture and employability, through corporate volunteering.
Linked to the appreciation and development of the talents of people with disabilities, the project counted on the performance of 31trainees of Vivo and 11 people with intellectual disabilities fromADID [Associação para o Desenvolvimento Integral do Down (Association for the Integral Development of Down)],, partner institution.
The project was built with a focus on three of the 17 UNO Sustainable Development Goals: SDG (Sustainable Development Goals) 4 for quality education, SDG 8 for promoting decent work and economic development and SDG 10 for reducing inequalities.
- Problem: PwD with low qualifications for the labor market and low digital security;
- Solution: Training for students and teachers at the institution provided by trainees volunteers from Telefônica-Vivo; and
- Impact: Qualification of PwD in the themes, generating more possibilities for insertion in the labor market and digital security.
1 - SELECTION OF THE INSTITUTION AND VOLUNTEERS
2 - VOLUNTEER AWARENESS AND TRAINING
3 - SPECIFIC TRAINING FOR VOLUNTEERS
4 - ATTRACTION AND APPROACH TO PwD FAMILIES and PwD SELECTION
5 - TRAINING OF TEACHERS and PwD
6 - SOCIAL EXPERIENCE
- Digital Inclusion: internet tools, such as research, privacy and exposure, digital security, responsible sharing.Hours: 4 hours.
- Office package: Basic Word, Basic Power Point and Basic Excel. Hours: 4 hours.
- Employability: behavior in the labor market, curriculum development and job interview simulation.Hours: 4 hours
Data and results
- 11 trained disabled people
- 5 trained ADID teachers
- 9 aware families
- 31 Vivo trainees volunteers participating
- 383 hours of volunteering
- 168 training hours
- 36% of the volunteers highlighted that the greatest learning of the project was the development of empathy
- 5 students with potential for immediate insertion into the labor market
I understood that it is not so hard to make inclusion a solid reality.PARTICIPATING VOLUNTEER
I can say that it was very good, both for us professionals and for students. The initiative to put Fundação Telefônica/Vivo’s professionals in direct contact with people with Down syndrome will certainly support everyone’s adaptation, facing future hiring of these people, in addition to contributing to a more inclusive social vision. The material was excellent and everyone’s patience was incredible. I can only thank you!ALDA, ADID EDUCATIONAL DIRECTOR
Want to know more projects?