+ Inclusão (+Inclusion) project structures the diversity management and inclusion of people with disabilities.
Throughout 2019, ASID carried out the + Inclusion project in partnership withGrupo JSL, , the company with the largest portfolio in logistics solutions in Brazil - the group aggregates Movida, JSL, Grupo Vamos (Go Group) and others - with the purpose of starting structuring the management and strategy of diversity and inclusion of people with disabilities in all group companies.
Grupo JSL already employed people with disabilities through sport in the Paradesporto project held in Mogi das Cruzes and other cities with the purpose of creating opportunities for socialization development.
There was a desire to structure the theme in the company and bring people with disabilities to work in internal positions, both training participants in the Paradesporto project and also hiring other people with disabilities.
Thus, the + Inclusion JSL project was designed with the purpose of boosting the hiring of people with disabilities and also to make the organizational culture more inclusive, with management tools that make inclusion assertive.
To achieve the purpose, the project followed some steps:
- Diagnosis of organizational culture;
- Action Plan;
- Internal Alliances;
- Job Mapping;
- Training and awareness;
- Mapping of partners; and
Throughout the project,8 workshops were held to raise awareness and training on the cause of people with disabilities, involving 106 managers of the headquarters in the cities of Mogi das Cruzes and São Paulo. In addition, 930 employees were aware in 11 lectures on the theme of the life of people with disabilities and their potential. The interest in the theme and the delivery of these products were reflected in the employee satisfaction score with the project in 9.52.
We had and continue with ASID as a partner in the project to include people with disabilities in order to generate engagement and an inclusive culture, contributing to the positive results for the company and the community.CLAUDEMIR TURQUETTI, GENERAL MANAGER OF PEOPLE MANAGEMENT
A total of 68 inclusions were made, worked on three fronts:
- Frameworks: JSL employees who would like to identify themselves as people with disabilities and be included in the Quota Law;
- Hiring of Paradesporto participants: training and including in internal positions of Grupo JSL companies.
- Contratação dos participantes do Paradesporto: capacitação e incluindo em posições internas das empresas do Grupo JSL.
At the end of the project, the change in the scenario was clear in relation to 4 main pillars of Diversity and Inclusion management:
- Values and beliefs;
- Rules and guidelines; and
In relation to these pillars, the main advances were in terms of:
- Training of high and medium leadership and employees in general;
- High leadership close and aware of the importance of working on the topic;
- Creation of a diversity policy;
- Achievement of an exclusive team to look at the topic internally;
- Reforms for architectural accessibility;
- HSE (Health, safety and environment) area and Facilities following the project;
- Mapping of partners for hiring people with disabilities in São Paulo, Mogi das Cruzes to a Brazilian level;
- Training of the recruitment team;
- Flexibility of hiring processes;
- Structuring an internal curriculum database and training for people with disabilities in Paradesporto and its internalization.
- 106 trained managers
- 930 employees aware
- 68 inclusions made between frames (35), internalization of Paradesporto (16) and hiring (17)