Global Management: Lessons, Mentoring, and Awards for Innovative Projects
Global Management took place in partnership with SAGE Foundation, Requinte (Refinement) e Rota+ (Route+) to promote 4 classes, individualized mentoring and financial awards for 3 innovative projects to leave the paper.
About the project
Many institutions for people with disabilities share the same pain: are unable to structure and grow. The huge volume of operational issues present in manager’s day-to-day takes up almost all of their time, and the prospects for the future are mainly focused on the institution’s survival.
With that, there was a perception about different types of leadership and how they should be evolving. Thus, the Global management was configured in a moment of reflection, leadership studies and the impact it’s causing.
Changing the way of thinking to grow
- Knowledge about you;
- Connection with purpose; and then
- Put into practice.
U Theory can help leaders improve their ability to understand and help as well as generate skills to deal with different challenges.
In addition, the institutions received volunteers called Counselors during class, who can be from companies or communities, to support in the project tasks and development of a final project. After classes, the institutions received Mentors, also volunteers, to assist in the implementation of the chosen project.
During Global Management
The project started by opening a public notice so that the institutions of the ASID Network of Institutions could register and, after that, there was a selection of institutions according to the desired profile.
With the selection, the classes and Counselors follow up began. Then, with the project created by each institution throughout the project, an evaluating board was held to define who the winning institutions would be.
- Lesson 1: Awaken the innovative potential that exists within the leader and the institution, bringing his and institution’s old dream;
- Lesson 2: Unveiling opportunities to increase the environment impact in which it operates;
- Lesson 3: Guiding employees to achieve the institution’s dream; and
- Lesson 4: To take action, towards impact.
The first two classes proposed moments of reflection and questioning about the institution’s current context and in the next two classes the purpose was to provide ideas, creating a proposal for an innovative and high impact project.
During the project, the participants expressed how much the classes were helping them to think outside the box, 10 innovative projects from institutions were designed with the desire to cause more impact.
With Global Management, the institutions were engaged with the implementation of a new project and a vision to innovate. In addition, the institutions were more participatory in the events of ASID Network of Institutions.
- 15 participating institutions
- 10 created projects
- 8.2 of the participants’ satisfaction with the project
- Financial award of BRL 6,000 divided among the three projects best evaluated by the evaluating board:
- 1st Place: ONG Lar Assistido (Olá) - BRL 3,000, 2nd place: Escola Especial Alternativa (Special Alternative School) - BRL 1,800, 3rd place: ONG Inpoderi - BRL 1,200
Want to know more projects?